You may well ship parcels to customers on a regular basis using a parcel courier. Or you even just use your normal postal service (Depending on the size and weight of the parcel). For most businesses, this will suffice and you may find that if the bulk of your parcels are shipped within the same country, that the only odd exceptional thing might be an item that needs to be sent via an International parcel courier service.
However, even if you are not planning on using one immediately, it is worth looking at finding a "same day courier delivery services" in advance of actually using one. You may rarely need the services of a same day parcel courier, but the chances are that when you need one, you are going to need one which will provide you the best services.
The key pointers that you should be looking for when choosing one are:
- Do they absolutely guarantee same-day delivery, and within what distance?
- Do they track their vehicles in real-time GPS so they can update you if you call them for a progress report?
- Do they offer the option to instantly email you with delivery confirmation on arrival at the destination?
- Can you order their services online, either on the day or in advance?
- What parcel carriage weight limits if any do they have?
- Do they operate a 24/7 call center?
If you choose the same day parcel courier that offers the above, then you have chosen well.