It must be an agency that suits your style and works for your modelling interests. With that in mind, we list some of the key indicators of a top model agency.
1. This is a legit agency(not a scam)
It is first and foremost important thing to determine, even if not for your career, for your safety. Many models get scammed by fake agencies that involve money laundering, unclothed photos, and rape and abuse of drugs and so on. This is definitely something to avoid while looking for a casting model company.
Some of the key ways to identify the scammer are:
– They offer free test shoots.
– Guaranteed jobs on the first day.
– Force you to wear more revealing clothing.
– Normalize activities such as drugs and ask you to take part in it.
– Located in suspicious areas such as dark alleys
– Book an appointment with you at odd timings such as after 10 pm.
These are just common traits of scammers or fake agencies, but of course, be always aware of such scammers and be vigilant for any signs of illegitimacy that they exhibit.
2. Testimonials and reviews
It is one of the best ways to assess the performance of the agency. Testimonials act as an endorsement of the agency and their work. Professional agencies will constantly update their testimonials with their models stating their experiences with the agencies. Not only will it give aspiring models a better understanding of the agency's work, but it also helps them to foresee the most probable types of modelling jobs that they will be involved in.
Review from a reliable source, such as reviews and Google ratings is a good way to measure the agency's work as well.