When it comes to Garmin Nuvi map updates, there are two methods to make it happen, and we are going to discuss both today.
- The first method involves Garmin Nuvi update with Garmin Express.
- In the second method, you can update Garmin Nuvi from unofficial sources.
Install Garmin Nuvi Update with Garmin Express
- For this, you need to connect your Garmin Nuvi device with a computer.
- Then, launch Garmin Express software on your computer.
- If you haven’t installed Garmin Express yet, then here is how you can do that.
- Launch a web browser and visit Garmin Express website to register, sync and update software on your Garmin device(s).
- Download Garmin Express setup file, which is available free for Mac and Windows computers.
- Install Garmin Express by following on-screen instructions.
- Now, add your Garmin device to Garmin Express software to be able to update map in Garmin Nuvi or firmware or manage all other settings that you wish to change.
- Click ‘+’ icon to add a device. This icon is present in the top left corner of the screen.
- Follow on-screen instructions to begin the Garmin Nuvi setup process.
- Upon the completion of Garmin Nuvi setup with Express, go to the dashboard to check the options by clicking ‘house’ shaped icon on the top-left corner of the window.
- Begin with Garmin Nuvi Map update process now.
- Locate and click ‘install all button’ to initiate the download of maps and firmware updates.
How to update Garmin Nuvi from unofficial sources?
If you are unable to download Garmin Nuvi updates through Garmin Express, then you can get it from several unofficial sources.
- Launch a web browser and go to ‘Open Street Map’.
- Then, find the map you are looking to update.
- Download the update on your computer, which will be saved like ‘gmapsupp.img’ or something that like.
- Connect Garmin Nuvi to your computer and then, open ‘Garmin Nuvi’ folder on it.
- Transfer that ‘gmapsupp.img’ file onto Nuvi Map folder.
- Wait until the file entirely gets transferred and once it does, disconnect Garmin Nuvi from your computer.
With that, your map is updated and you shall now enjoy latest routes and directions on your Garmin Nuvi device.